#22: How to Take Back Your Brain Health Holistically - Dr. John Hatch
Today’s interview with Dr. John Hatch from the Brain Rehab Clinic is all about brain health!
From Autoimmune to Dementia & Addiction to Depression, Dr. Hatch shares how powerful our brains can be in both damaging and repairing every aspect of our physical and emotional health.
Here a few ideas/topics covered in this podcast:
- Things the fire together, wire together. And things that fire apart wire apart.
- The differences of Anxiety Vs Depression in the brain and ways to start building healthier, more positive neurological pathways.
- Neurogenesis (growing new neurons in the brain) never stops. You can always teach an old dog new tricks.
- How movement and Gratitude exercises work better than any depression medicine out there. (**Once their brain is working correctly again**) Dr. Hatch- "Yes there is an antidote to both Anxiety and Depression."
- "People are emotional eaters. Food gives you a dopamine hit. So they’re wiring this negative thing to this sugar, the dopamine hit, together. You should get to a happy state first. That’s why 'Hangry' even exists! And why we’ve wired it into our brain and it persists."
- "People don’t realize that your environment and what you’re wiring together DOES make a difference. They just assume it’s only in their head."
- What do you tell yourself when you’re doing the things you love?
- The Human Brain has the ability to always feel joy.
- Dr. Hatch gives his thoughts on the Cold Shower Challenge!
- “In your mind you get to create what you want to feel.”
Here is a link to Dr. Datis Kharrazian’s website - (Both Jeff and Dr. Hatch refer several times to Dr. Datis)
Links to some Cross-Crawl exercises that Dr. Hatch recommends.
Side note- Jeff is the vice president of Wilson Diamonds so when we interviewed Dr. Hatch via Zoom, he kept referencing all the pictures of wedding rings on the wall behind Jeff.
FOR MORE GREAT IDEAS - CONNECT, FOLLOW, SUBSCRIBESupport the show
CONNECT, FOLLOW, SUBSCRIBE